Cura solutions do not require custom software coding in order to be set up and deployed for customers. Instead, a simple interface can be used to make system changes, from adding a field to a form, to adding a new selection to a list of choices, to re-routing the path for a specific email notification.
The ability to configure its solution provides Cura customers with a number of significant benefits, including:
- Customers can adapt Cura’s software to perfectly match how they manage their GRC programs (as opposed to having to change existing business processes in order to conform to the software).
- Configuration requires no coding, therefore customer business processes can be set up in Cura applications quickly, greatly speeding time to deployment.
- Cura’s easy-to-use configuration tools enable non-technical business users to make system adjustments, eliminating the need for long-term service engagements.
- As business processes adjust, regulations change or GRC practices mature, customers can adapt their existing implementation accordingly, providing additional return on their initial Cura investment.
- Configuration makes is easy to apply system updates, patches and upgrades that would otherwise be more difficult for installations with custom code.
For more information on how configuration is a significant benefit to an organization’s GRC practice, click here to schedule a live demonstration.